Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs)
A Self Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) is a private superannuation trust structure that provides financial remuneration to its members in retirement. The SMSF is regulated by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), that you manage yourself. SMSFs can have up to four members. All members must be trustees (or directors if there is a corporate trustee) and are responsible for decisions made about the fund and for complying with relevant laws.
Our services include:
- Assistance with initial set up of your SMSF
- Preparation of financial statements , income tax return and audit
- Other factual information and advice
- Financial planners
Assistance with initial set up of your SMSF
- We can help you source a Deed prepared by a superannuation lawyer, source a special purpose company to act as the corporate trustee and obtain the various registrations from the ATO.
Preparation of financial statements , income tax return and audit
- We can prepare the financial statements and income tax return , including regulatory reports to members and the ATO, either from the source documents using our sophisticated and dedicated superannuation software.
- We will organise the audit of the SMSF and Actuarial certificate, if required.
- We ensure compliance with all regulations.
Other Factual information and advice
- Provide factual information about superannuation , including explaining the different superannuation choices and contribution limits.
- Provide factual advice about consolidating superannuation assets into a single fund.
- Provide advice on administration and operational issues for a SMSF.
- Provide factual information on insurance risks associated with changing superannuation funds.
- Administratively set up a pension from the SMSF , upon receipt of client instructions.
- Advise on the deficiencies of a trust deed
- Value the assets within the superannuation fund
- Providing calculations on the minimum and maximum pension amounts for a superannuation fund.
- Discuss the pros and cons of a corporate trustee versus individual trustee for a SMSF.
- We are not financial planners, however, we can refer you to financial planners that can provide you with the required statement of advice (SOA) when required.